Frequently Asked Questions
About Kafka's Organic
We make fresh pet meals using whole ingredients and flash freeze them so no preservatives or additives are needed.
- Calculate your pet's daily calorie needs to see how many packs they require using our calculator here: Feeding Calculator
- Order online & receive your meals through pickup or home delivery
- Feed fresh food to your pet!
If you have any questions, simply send us a message here , or give us a call at 778 997 8883 and we'd be happy to answer.
About Fresh Pet Food
Fresh food cooked at low temperature retains much of the natural vitamins, minerals and antioxidants from whole ingredients. Not only is fresh food great for us, it's great for supporting our pet's health & immunity too.
Fresh is also less likely to cause food allergies. Processing changes the chemical structure of foods, sometimes making them more allergenic. Freshly cooked food is better tolerated by pets with allergies and makes it less likely that your pet develops a food allergy.
Here are some other great reasons to feed fresh:
- No handling and safety concerns as with raw meats
- Gently cooked food is easier to digest, making it safe for sensitive tummies
- No preservatives or additives
- Human quality whole ingredients
For more complete info, visit our Why Fresh page.
Kafka's pet meals are made in a health inspected kitchen facility in Vancouver using 100% North American ingredients. We use local produce whenever possible and in season. Our beef, turkey and seafood is always local or Canadian and human-grade.
Using vet-approved recipes, we weigh and mix ingredients in the correct proportions to give a balanced cat or dog meal. A vitamin and mineral blend (sourced from USA) is added to make sure all bases are covered.
Finally, the mixed fresh food is packaged into stand up resealable pouches, sealed and frozen. When they make their way to your door, just thaw and serve. The final result is healthy, well-balanced, and drool-worthy!
We source local whenever possible and in season. All our ingredients are 100% human-grade and food safe
- 85% Lean Beef - Vernon, BC
- Lean Turkey - Salmon Arm, BC
- Wild Pacific Salmon - Richmond, BC
- Haddock - Richmond, BC
- Cod - Richmond, BC
- Rockfish - Richmond, BC (sometime substituted for cod depending on availability)
- Kale - BC/USA (Various, dependent on season)
- Sweet Potatoes - USA
- Carrots - BC (Various)
- Vitamin & mineral blend - USA
- Omega-3 Fish Oil - USA
- Cod Liver Oil - USA
- Organic Safflower Oil - Burnaby, BC
- Organic Flaxseed Oil - Burnaby BC
Kafka's Organic meals are complete and balanced for all life stages and has been formulated with a vitamin and mineral blend to make sure all your pet's nutritional requirements are met. The ingredients in the vitamin & mineral blend are:
- DiCalcium Phosphate, Potassium Chloride, Salt, Calcium Carbonate, Choline Bitartrate, Taurine, Zinc Proteinate, Magnesium Oxide, Iron Proteinate, Vitamin E, Garbanzo Beans, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Vitamin B-12, Niacin, Selenium, Riboflavin, Calcium Pantothenate, Thiamine, Vitamin A, Vitamin D,Calcium Iodate, Vitamin B6, Folic Acid.
Pet's tummies need some time to adjust to a new kind of diet, Yes, even when it's this good! We recommend that you switch gradually over 7-10 days. Start with 1/4 portions of Kafka's and 3/4 of their current diet and slowly increase fresh food while decreasing the other.
Yes! You can use Kafka's as a topper or meal mixer to add a fresh food nutrient boost to your pet's current diet
Simply fill out the fields in the feeding calculator section to calculate how many calories & packs of fresh meals your pet needs. You can toggle the button between Cat & Dog at the top: Feeding Calculator
If we have not yet delivered your product, you can get a 100% refund no questions asked. Once we deliver the product, if there is any issue with your order you can get a replacement or refund with proof (picture or video). Simply reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 778 997 883 and we'll take care of it for you.
Simply select the frequency of delivery and we will create a recurring order for you at your preferred frequency. If you wish to modify delivery date, skip a delivery, or cancel, just login to your account and make the change. Best of all, you get a 10% discount for making a recurring order 🤩
Any questions? reach out to email@example.com or give us a call at 778 997 8883
Shipping & Storage
Currently we only serve the Greater Vancouver region. You can enter your postal code on the checkout page to check if we deliver to your area. Alternatively, you can pick up from our retail kitchen location on 400 Industrial Avenue, Vancouver, BC.
We don't currently ship elsewhere in BC or to other provinces, but we are actively working on this! Sign up to our newsletter to be notified when we ship to your area.
Place the next 2-3 days worth of meals for your pet in the fridge, and store the rest in the freezer. Our fresh meals are good for upto 4 days in the fridge. There are no preservatives to keep the food shelf stable, so follow the same rule of thumb you would use for your own cooked meals.
If thawing from frozen, submerge the entire (sealed) pack in a bowlful of warm water to thaw within 15-20 mins. Once thawed, feed and store in the fridge. Do not refreeze.